Sunday 24 June 2007

PC Brigade

So, okay, it has been pointed out to me that my view on iD cards are worng, and this I accept. I guess it's because I still think the best of people, and think that ID cards won't change anything. Then again, there is a solid difference between what I think should happen and what the rest of the World does.

For example, my mind believes that Common Sense is pretty common. However, working with the General Public has disproved that one...



What I wanted to do was start this post a couple of days so I could use the news sources to back it up, but keeping up House and reading up on mines kept on getting in the way. I had thought up something once I had read that Bernard Manning had died. Bernard Manning can be best described through this article on Wikipedia -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Manning. I would by lying if I said that I thought this guy was funny. If anything, I found his content distasteful with all of its 'traditional' terms for racial groups and his Sexist jokes about Women. He may have been a nce guy-he was well known for his charity work-but I pesonally would never have sat through any of his stuff willingly.

Now, if I had gotten round to writing this there would have been a link to the discussion on Bernard Manning from the BBC News 'Have Your Say' element of the website. Most of the opinions that feature usually range from the liberal bias to the downright loopy-as-a-fruitbat right wingers who are convinced that nothing good in Britain has been achieved since Maragaret Thatcher left office in 1990. Anyway, they had a discussion on Bernard Manning, and it made me laugh and cringe. As well as the 'I find him funny and I have lots of different friends' comments (to which I say 'why do you need to state this?'), there were continual references to the 'PC Brigade' that was in someway destroying the country. Like there was a secret army of people who only come out at night and deliberetly make life hard by, say, hiding your soap. Does it involve uniforms and sashes or something? If so, can I join?

No comments: